How do you measure rat's blood pressure???

Steve Konings skonings at post.its.mcw.edu
Fri Oct 7 15:19:15 EST 1994

Stefan Kahlert (UZS13B at ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de) wrote:
: Hi everybody,
:
: Probably there are better groups to post this question (please tell me
: if I am right) but I am used to this group and I like it!
:
: As I said we need to measure the blood pressure of rats.
:
: We prefer an unbloody method, maybe measuring at the tail (Riva-Rocci-
: method) but how *exactly* does one do it? Experienced persons needed!
:
: How do you measure the pulse? How do you apply the pressure to the tail?
: Where do you have this equipment from? Self made?
:
: Thanks in advance (and please answer by mail)!
:
: Stefan

Use a very small blood pressure cuff!

Steve