Long range Genomic PCR

jlanders jlanders at hmivax.humgen.upenn.edu.
Sat Oct 8 13:14:43 EST 1994

I am interested in finding the genomic region of a cDNA that I have in
my possession.  I am thinking about attempting to use long range PCR
using primers from the cDNA with genomic DNA.  I also would like to
obtain the promoter region and thought that maybe I could use a gene
specific primer with a vector specific primer and perform longe range
PCR using DNA derived from a cosmid library as my template.  Has anyone
tried this or have any suggestions? I would appreciate any comments.