35 mm slides of gels - help

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Sat Oct 8 09:18:40 EST 1994

In article <1994Oct7.135210.11348 at alw.nih.gov> moos at helix.nih.gov (Malcolm Moos Jr., M.D., Ph.D.) writes:
>In a situation where you already have positive prints, it may be even
>cheaper to scan these to disk with a conventional flatbed scanner,

     Since the subject has come up . . . We have recently been upgrading
our computer equpiment and we have vaguely considered getting a scanner.
We are not quite sure that we would use one enough to justify the cost.
Those of you out there who have scanners - What do you use them for?  How
good is the quality of the output?  How much did yours cost?  Are you
happy with the purchase?  Any particular advice?

Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-4328     Fax  (617)-632-2627