Kunkel mutagenesis- Help needed

Yasha Hartberg Yasha at bioch.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 10 09:19:10 EST 1994

In article <bmw-101094090231 at mi4.molbio.ku.dk>, bmw at biobase.aau.dk (Berthe
M. Willumsen) wrote:

> Did you check that your plaque development was dependent on your oligo?
> Often, contaminating RNA results in plaque formation, and these, of course,
> do not carry the mutation.
> --

I've heard that contaminating DNA can result in plaque formation, but RNA?
We always run a negative control to help insure that the plaques we see
aren't due to contamination.  I'd be very interested if you have more
information regarding problems with RNA in site-directed mutagenesis.

Yasha Hartberg
Texas A&M University
"If people want to spend their whole lives creaming and tweezing and
brushing and tilting and gluing, that's really okay too, because it gives
them something to do."  Andy Warhol