Optimisation of Hair Extraction Protocol

Ciaran Meghen cmeghen at mail.tcd.ie
Tue Oct 11 05:06:03 EST 1994

Having carried out DNA extractions from hairs, according to the method of
Higichi (Nature 1988), I found that perhaps 30% of samples failed to
amplify.  I think that perhaps there are inhibitors being carried through
the extraction and preventing PCR.  Does anyone know anything about how I
might get the all samples working reliably.

Thanks in advance.

Ciaran Meghen,           E-mail: cmeghen at mail.tcd.ie
Genetics Department,     Phone:  (353)-1-7021265
Trinity College,         Fax:    (353)-1-6798558
Dublin 2.
Ireland.