EGF repeats in E.coli?

Sam Henderson shender at macc.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 11 13:41:49 EST 1994

Hi,
    I am interested in expressing a protein containing
EGF-like repeats in E. coli. I plan on using vectors that
will export the sequences to the periplasm. Does anyone
know if this will form the proper disulfide bonds? I know
that hGH (and as I just read bGH) are made in E. coli, but
they have only 2 disulfide bonds. I also have read that
heparin binding EGF domain was made in E. coli, however, in
this protocol they used inclusion bodies and then refolded
the protein. Any information or references would be helpful.

Thanks
Sam Henderson
shender at macc.wisc.edu