Storage of RNA

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Oct 13 14:27:21 EST 1994

RNA should store well in sterile dH2O in freezer.

We have MANY aliquots of total RNAs obtained from several types of
specimens (feces, tissues, whole blood, etc, etc) ... ALL store WELL in
-20*C PLUS used daily (frozen-thawed MANY times) ... used for RT-PCR ...
ALL are still okay, right down to last bit used (most aliquots are 50 uL,
with 1 uL used per reaction).

If stored in formamide (such as used for northerns) ... simply ppt with
alcohol and NaAc ... add NaAc to 0.3 M final conc and use 1-2 vol of
isoprop or 2-3 vol of EtOH, mix well, incubate -20*C for at least 1 hr
before harvesting pellet ... formamide will be washed away (remains in
supernatant along with the alcohol).

cheers,

                            ********************
Andre Hamel                                    email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Manitoba Government				tel: 204/945-7630
Department of Agriculture  			FAX: 204/945-8062
Veterinary Services Branch
Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA

In article <sticknbd-121094224623 at 160.129.125.10> sticknbd at miranda.cc.vanderbilt.edu (B Stickney) writes:
>In article <1994Oct7.192254.1 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>, rhubner at molbiol.ox.ac.uk