Pharmacia GeneQuant DNA calculator opinions wanted

Robert Woodward c557652 at
Fri Oct 14 20:56:16 EST 1994

In article <13OCT199411083880 at> pkr1674 at (PENNY RIGGS) writes:

>We're considering purchase of Pharmacia's GeneQuant photometer.
>Any opinions pro or con would be appreciated.

  We tested one last year - it was difficult to use so we didn't buy it.  You
have to make sure you put the cuvette in an exact position and at the right
time or the machine will give an erroneous reading.  If this is a
sample you will usually be able to tell that the reading is quite a bit off.
When this happens for the reference, however, it can mess up a bunch of
readings.  It has been a while so I don't remember anything beyond what I've

Robert Woodward, c557652 at
Department of Physiology, University of Missouri
(314) 882-5374, FAX:(314) 884-4276