Kits for Subtraction Libraries?

Kevin Pumiglia pumiglk at aa.wl.com
Mon Oct 17 12:53:57 EST 1994

In article <jstorrin-121094161538 at 132.206.172.152>,
jstorrin at pharma1.pharma.mcgill.ca (John Storring) wrote:

> A couple of months ago a piece of "publicity" crossed my desk for a kit for
> making subtraction libraries. Now, when I actually want to look at it I
> can't find it or any such thing anywhere. Does anyone know of such a
> product, who makes it, etc? Have you had any experience with such a
> product?
>
> Please send replies by E-mail. (jstorrin at pharma1.pharma.mcgill.ca)
>
> Thanks,
> jms

Invitrogen (no affiliation) markets such a kit based on a  separation
procedure using avidin after labeleing of the  "non-induced" mRNA with
biotin, leaving the first strand, non-hybridizing (subtracted) DNA.
Sounds intresting but I have no experience with it.  It is called
"Subtractor Kit", costs $250 (5 reactions) and  the Catalog number is
K4320-01.  It apparently includes all neccessarry primers, enzymes, and
reagents.