HELP!!! Electroporation and PEG

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Mon Oct 17 17:19:57 EST 1994

In <lopez.8.000B45BF at medusa.bioc.aecom.yu.edu>
lopez at medusa.bioc.aecom.yu.edu writes:

>I recently read somewhere a protocol to precipitate PEG-DNA ligations in
>order to remove the PEG .  According t the article PEG reduces the
>efficiency of electroporation.  My problem is that can not find that
>article, I cant remember if I saw it on Biotecniques , Focus or any of the
>other "mini" journals.  I will appreciate if someone can tell me where to
>find this article.  Thank you very much in advance.
>
> 	See you on the dark side of the Moon.
> 				Alfredo

Hmmmm.... never heard of this:  What I have read in Biotechniques, if
memory serves, is to dry butanol your ligations (somewhat akin to
Sawadaggo et al, for preciping Oligos) down.  Spin in a microfuge and then
wash the pellet with 70-80% EtOH.  Rehydrate in pure (pure as can be) water
and then electroporate -  I'll see if I can dig up the reference unless
someone else can beat me to it...

Hope this helps,
David