Need address for Molecular Probes Inc.

Paquette Yves paquetty at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Mon Oct 17 14:54:07 EST 1994

ADEVICE at ix.netcom.com (Robert Nelson) writes:

>In <37bve9$dc5 at synapse.bms.com> patel_p at bms.com writes:

>>Hi:
>>	Does anybody have the phone number or address of a biotech co.
>>called Molecular probes.
>>	Thank you in advance
>>

>Molecular Probes makes dyes among other things... I never thought of them as a biotech
>company....but the number I had for them was (is)503 344-3007 Fax 503-344-5504 Sam
>Wells was their chemist when I talked to them a couple of years ago.

>Good Luck

The address for Molecular Probes is :

P.O. Box 22010
Eugene, Oregon
97402-0414
USA

Telephone: (503)465-8300
      FAX: (503)344-6504
They make among other things several dyes that bind to DNA or RNA,
including SYBR green I and II, which are supposed to detect DNA or ssDNA or RNA
with greater sensitivity than ethidium bromide. Has anybody tried those stains ?

Yves Paquette
University of Montreal
Quebec