Transfection of oesophageal (squamous cell)carcinoma cell line

Volkert Clausen volkert at gecko.biol.wits.ac.za
Tue Oct 18 12:47:37 EST 1994

We are having no success in the transfection of a cell line of the above type.
We are using the pMSG-Cat vector (both linear and supercoiled), and have
tried voltages from 400 to 1500 and capacitances from high to low using both
medium or buffer (HeBs) in the electroporation cuvette. We add the selective
antibiotic (G418) after a day or two. We have also tried a liposome
transfection with the same results. Can anybody come to our rescue???