Riboprobe background hybridisation

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 19 18:36:19 EST 1994

G'Day Netters

Some time ago (a year or so) on the net there was some discussion about a
certain cloning vector that had a multiple cloning site that gave high
background when used for Riboprobe production.  Apparently part of the MCS
sequence hybridises to ribosomal RNA.  At the time I kept a copy but have
now unconveniantly lost it.  My feeling is that it was Bluescript II but I
cannot be certain.  I am transferring a sequence to a new vector for
riboprobe production and don't want to have this problem if it can be

Does anyone remember? give advice?

Any input appreciated.

Cheers, Klaus

Klaus Matthaei
Head, Gene Targeting                            |           |
The John Curtin School of Medical Research      |  _--_|\   |
The Australian National University              | /      \  |
Snail mail: Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia       | \_.--._/<<|
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au               |       v   |
Landline: 61 6 249 3782
                        "Sometimes I'm the Louisville slugger"
                        "Sometimes I'm the Ball"