Co-transfection methods

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:50:57 EST 1994

	I'm trying to transfect several plasmids into COS cells; they
need to be co-expressed.  As I understand it, most techniques for
transfection put many plasmids into each cell that takes up any DNA -
that is, if the cell has taken up one plasmid, the odds are it has taken
up several.  On the other hand, in the past some people I've talked to
have suggested that some techniquues are better for co-transfection than
are others (although the overall number of cells transfected is similar)
and this seems to reflect some experiences I've had as well.  Does anyone
have a feel for this?  Is it more likely that CaPO4 will result in
co-transfection, rather than DEAE-Dextran or electroporation?  Are there
any references that directly address this?

Thanks

Ian
--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-4328     Fax  (617)-632-2627