Codon preferences of differrent organisms

Eric C. Anderson anderson at
Thu Oct 20 12:06:28 EST 1994

In article <bio4.73.001171C4 at>, bio4 at wrote:

> Do anyone out there know about a database for codon preferences of different
> organisms and how to get there if it exists. Please e-mail me if you know.

if i recall correctly, there is such a database and i believe that if you
take a look through the FAQ for this group you will probably find it.  the
FAQ is a very long document or i'd go through and look for it myself for
you.  if you don't already have it somewhere, you can get it via anonymous
FTP from as file pub/methods/FAQlist.

hope this is helpful for you.

*Of course it's not true...         *
*But let's make the bastard deny it!*
*                        LBJ (1948) *
eric c. anderson
anderson at
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110