Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Thu Oct 20 13:55:42 EST 1994

In article <CxysG7.Cs7 at bath.ac.uk>, bspsls at bath.ac.uk (S L Smithson) writes:
[Article trimmed for brevity...]

> Of course EtBr stained RNA doesn't blot very well and if I
> have stained my samples I can't get my probe to stick, but thats life.
> Hope someone else can benefit from my nightmare.
> Louise

Is this problem with ethidium and attachment/hybridisation a general fact or
an isolated incident?  How great is the loss of attachment and hybridisation?
Does it depend on the method of attachment (UV or baking)?  Is it independent
of the size/composition of the RNA?  Do other methods of visualisation
(methylene blue or SYBR II etc.) interfere to the same extent?
		Curious and concerned,
			Bernard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.