Long gel dryers

Jonas Lindeberg Jonas.Lindeberg at bmc.uu.se
Thu Oct 20 14:25:17 EST 1994

>>There is no need to dry the entire 60 cm (sequencing) gel, since the
>upper
>>20 cm are unusable. However, if you need it for some other purpose,
>the only
>>trick I know is to bind the gel to the glass plate, then fix and dry
>directly
>>on the plate with a hair dryer. Hope that helps. Sasha
>
>You can also leave the glass plate with the fixed gel on the bench or
>in a fume hood overnight.  This is what I did because after the
>sequencing run, it was already quite late in the day.  Another
>method, is to put the glass plate in a warming oven set to about 80 C
>for about 2 hours.  Good Luck!!  Rick.

Or you can put it in a drying cupboard (you dry clothes in them normally,
we have them here in Sweden but probably not in hotter placec [:)> ). It
will take 20 mins at medium effect.
*Its nice to live in a cold country, you love to be abroad* Jonas

Regards,
Jonas
Jonas Lindeberg
Dep. Developmental Neuroscience

BMC, Box 587
Uppsala University                    e-mail: Jonasl at bmc.uu.se
S-751 23 Uppsala                      Phone : +46 18 17 4943
Sweden                                Fax   : +46 18 55 9017