Shotgun sequencing assembly

Peter Myler mylerpj at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 21 12:08:31 EST 1994

On 20 Oct 1994, Varyc wrote:

> Does anyonh know of a decent program for assembly of sequences in a
> sequencing project, with alignment capability etc. We've been using the
> PC-Gene Assemgel program and are [:( ] not happy with the alignment
> capabilities with gappy sequences.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cal Vary

DNASTAR does a fairly reasonable job, but is somewhat expensive.
GENERUNNER is supposed to have a version ready in the new year.  I don't
know how good it will be.

I have no connection with either company.

Peter J. Myler                                 phone: (206) 284-8846x332
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute          FAX: (206) 284-0313
4 Nickerson Street                             e-mail: MYLERPJ at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Seattle, WA  98109-1651