suggestion: include email address in publications

Sun Oct 23 08:44:17 EST 1994

In article <38bk7m$1m4 at> merlin at (merlin) writes:

>I noticed a recent trend in some Science and PNAS articles of
>authors including an email address at the end of the physical
>address provided for contacting the corresponding author.  It
>would be nice to continue and expand this practice with other

I started doing it on my last several pubs.  It is much more reliable to see
an author list his/her Email address than to try and contact them from Email
addresses obtained through gopher searching (many faculty are given Email
addresses at their universities just for having a computer account, regardless
of whether they use Email or not).
*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.             317-494-8284   TEL            *
*  Dept. of Food Science               317-494-7953   FAX            *
*  Purdue University                   murianap at   *
*  Smith Hall                                                        *
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907-1160                                      *