cDNA kits?

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.blondes alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.d alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.female alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.male alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.orientals alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art.d alt Stephen_Lasky at brown.edualt.fan.hello-kittyalt.fan.hofstadteralt.fan.holmesalt.fan.howard-sternalt.fan.howard-stern.fartmanalt.fan.hurricane.yipalt.fan.itchy-n-scratchyalt.fan.james-bondalt.fan.jello-biafraalt.fan.jen-
Tue Oct 25 08:07:33 EST 1994

In article <ggloor-2110941236060001 at marvin.mbl.uwo.ca>,
ggloor at julian.uwo.ca (Greg Gloor) wrote:

> What are the best (most reliable, cheapest) kits out there for making cDNA?
>
> My grad student has a one-off experiment where he needs cDNA.
>
> Thanks in advance, I read this group and will post a summary.
>
> --
> Dr. Greg Gloor, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
> University of Western Ontario
> ggloor at julian.uwo.ca

You might want to try invitrogen's cycle DNA kit and use the MeHg
modification that they include with the instructions.  The original kit
(that came with MeHg) gave me the best results that I have gotten for
first strand synthesis.  Because the company is in California, they took
out the MeHg (they told me it was too much hassle to put it in).  Without
the MeHg, it is no better than any other kit, but they all seem to work.
Just be careful making your RNA.
--
"To me at least, 'Yuck' doesn't capture the full essence of death by
neurotoxin."   -Dick Dunn