Strength of 4ml Spec. Cuvettes

Nigel Eastmond nce at rri.sari.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 06:46:15 EST 1994

Here's a bit of fun.  Did you know that a plastic 4 ml spectrophotometer
cuvette on it's end can support the weight of a man?  I can't find anything
bigger and as easily repaired as myself to try to go heavier.  Who knows
the extent of the load-bearing properties of these humble consumables!
Perhaps we could construct a league table of The Worlds Strongest Cuvettes?!
My test cuvette was a Sarstedt 67.741 1 x10x45 mm plastic effort with
two opposite fluted sides.  I'm going to try and lower a Polygraph onto it...

:-)

| Nigel C. Eastmond             |   Email nce at rri.sari.ac.uk    |
| Rowett Research Institute     |   Tel   +44 244 712751        |
| Aberdeen                      |   Fax   +44 244 715349        |
| Scotland                      |                               |