CAT assays

Martin Leach leach at
Fri Oct 28 11:25:46 EST 1994

In article <s.a.henderson-281094130806 at>,
s.a.henderson at (henderson) wrote:

> I need to do some CAT assays.  Does anyone know of a simple, reliable
> assay - perhaps using a chemiluminescent substrate ?  Or are there any
> commercially available kits for measuring CAT activity ?
> Thanks for your help.

Try the company 5' to 3'
they sell a relatively cheap CAT ELISA assay....measures CAT protein
they say it is comparable to radioactive techniques...

I've tried works for promega cell culture lysis (cclr)and
reporter lysis (rl) buffers (i was worried that the triton in the cclr
would inhibit the elisa...the rl buffer contains tween which affects the
ELISA slightly less)

The standard curve and pilot experiment worked fine...gonna try with a
sv40CAT positive control...let me know if u need more info..

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
   _|_______      Dept. of Pharmacology       Phone: (617) 638-5323
   /  o    /      Boston Univ. School of Med. Fax:   (617) 638-4329
 _/   |-  /__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
(TURBODOZER) \_   Boston MA 02118            "Not the old underpants
                  USA                         on your head....WIBBLE
                                             " -BLACKADDER