QUICKHYBE from Stratagene - opinions?

Duke Groebe drg at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Fri Oct 28 10:00:07 EST 1994

In article <32ECAF2E01B938D9 at office.mmc.org>,
sjchmura.internet{sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu}@office.mmc.org (steven
joseph chmura) wrote:

>   To: methods-and-reagents at net.bio.net
>   From: sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu (steven joseph chmura)
>
> Well, what do people think of this 1 hour wonder?  What of their
> 20minute non-radioactive labling kit?

When I first saw the stuff advertised (April, 1991), a number of references
were included.  So, I chased them down.  See PNAS (1979) 76, 3683 for a
detailed discussion of the recipe.  Basically, the solution contains 10%
sodium dextran sulfate 500.  Through solvent exclusion, the hybridization
time is reduced.  Worked ok for me at the time.

50% Formamide
1-5X Denhardt's reagent
100-200 ug/ml denatured salmon sperm DNA
0.1% SDS
5X SSPE
10% Sodium Dextran Sulfate 500

Duke

The opinions expressed here are my own.  MY very own and NOBODY else's!  I
THOUGHT OF THEM FIRST, HA HA, AND YOU DIDN'T!!  SEE!?  There's my name up
there!  And the date - Ooohh, the DATE!  That's important!  HEE HEE, I'M
GONNA BE RICH!  DO YOU HEAR ME!?  RICH!!  HA HA!!  They're mine...heh, heh,
all mine....  GOD!  I'm so smart!