Bioventures DNA isolation Kit

Rebecca Schall REBECCAS at PANVERA.COM
Fri Oct 28 08:13:11 EST 1994

jwg at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu (MAD, MAD, MAD SCIENTIST) writes:

>Has anyone tried BioVentures DNA isolation kits for
>isolating DNA for PCR?  They claim they can be used for
>plant, animal, bacteria, etc.  We are thinking about trying
>the kit with Citrus.  The cost is listed as $100 for 400 samples.
>Thanks for any comments any of you may have.

Jay-
Yes, I use their GeneReleaser resin routinely for sample prep of
blood and bacteria for PCR.  I find that it works great and a big
advantage is that you can do the DNA prep in the same tube as the
PCR (in the thermocycler or microwave).  The only disadvantage for
me is that I have not been able to get it it to work with "Long" PCR - it
seems to completely wipe out enzyme activity.
Standard disclaimers apply, other than I am a satisfied customer.
Rebeccas at panvera.com