Luciferase Problems?

Martin Leach leach at mbcrrc.bu.edu
Mon Oct 31 12:56:54 EST 1994

In article <9410311631.AA77318 at acs5.acs.ucalgary.ca>,
sfraser at ACS.UCALGARY.CA ("Sherri Fraser") wrote:

> Hello netters,
>         I was at a conference on Translational Control in August,
> and someone told me that
> they had heard about people having problems using Luciferase and
> B-Galactosidase as reporters.  I presume this was in eukaryotic
> systems, but she could give me no details.  Unfortunatley I can't
> remember who I was talking to, and I have found no reference to
> this problem since.  Does anybody know of such problems using Luc
> or Gal as reporters?  If so, what kind of problems?
>         Thanks for any replies.
> Sherri
> U of C
> Calgary AB
> Canada

Yep...i have problems...

(mostly promoters interfering.....!)

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrrc.bu.edu
   _|_______      Dept. of Pharmacology       Phone: (617) 638-5323
   /  o    /      Boston Univ. School of Med. Fax:   (617) 638-4329
 _/   |-  /__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
(TURBODOZER) \_   Boston MA 02118            "Not the old underpants
                  USA                         on your head....WIBBLE
                                             " -BLACKADDER