Luciferase Problems?

sfraser.internet{sfraser at} sfraser.internet{sfraser at}
Mon Oct 31 13:18:51 EST 1994

  To: methods-and-reagents at
  From: sfraser at ("Sherri Fraser")

Hello netters,
	I was at a conference on Translational Control in August,
and someone told me that
they had heard about people having problems using Luciferase and
B-Galactosidase as reporters.  I presume this was in eukaryotic
systems, but she could give me no details.  Unfortunatley I can't
remember who I was talking to, and I have found no reference to
this problem since.  Does anybody know of such problems using Luc
or Gal as reporters?  If so, what kind of problems?
	Thanks for any replies.
U of C
Calgary AB