Luciferase Problems?

Sherri Fraser sfraser at ACS.UCALGARY.CA
Mon Oct 31 11:30:54 EST 1994

Hello netters,
	I was at a conference on Translational Control in August,
and someone told me that
they had heard about people having problems using Luciferase and
B-Galactosidase as reporters.  I presume this was in eukaryotic
systems, but she could give me no details.  Unfortunatley I can't
remember who I was talking to, and I have found no reference to
this problem since.  Does anybody know of such problems using Luc
or Gal as reporters?  If so, what kind of problems?
	Thanks for any replies.
Sherri
U of C
Calgary AB