Idaho Technology Air Thermo-Cycler... Any good?

Viraj Master vam2 at
Mon Oct 31 10:30:25 EST 1994

In article <peter.thoren.15.2EAF9B8F at>,
peter.thoren at (Peter Thorén) wrote:

> Hi netters!
> We might be interested to buy a PCR machine called Idaho Technology 1605 Air
> Thermo-Cycler for small capillary tubes. Does anyone have experiences with
> this machine? We are planning to use it for amplifying microsatellites.
> Thanks in advance,
> Peter Thoren
> Dept. of genetics, Uppsala University
> Peter.Thoren at

Hi Peter,

Our lab loves our Idaho ATC1605 Air Thermocycler!  We have used it
sucessfully  (and continue to use it) for RACE, degenerate RT-PCR and
regular PCR.
The only technique that does not work in our hands is PCR detection of
recombinant clones directly from bacterial colonies.  That being said, I
reccomend the machine *highly*.  It has really increased throughput in my
lab.  Furthermore, the people at Idaho Tech. are very helpful.

Good luck

Viraj Master
Dept. of Organismal Biology and Anatomy
University of Chicago