Idaho Technology Air Thermo-Cycler... Any good?

Viraj Master vam2 at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 31 10:30:25 EST 1994

In article <peter.thoren.15.2EAF9B8F at genetik.uu.se>,
peter.thoren at genetik.uu.se (Peter Thorén) wrote:

> Hi netters!
>
> We might be interested to buy a PCR machine called Idaho Technology 1605 Air
> Thermo-Cycler for small capillary tubes. Does anyone have experiences with
> this machine? We are planning to use it for amplifying microsatellites.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Peter Thoren
> Dept. of genetics, Uppsala University
>
> Peter.Thoren at genetik.uu.se

Hi Peter,

Our lab loves our Idaho ATC1605 Air Thermocycler!  We have used it
sucessfully  (and continue to use it) for RACE, degenerate RT-PCR and
regular PCR.
The only technique that does not work in our hands is PCR detection of
recombinant clones directly from bacterial colonies.  That being said, I
reccomend the machine *highly*.  It has really increased throughput in my
lab.  Furthermore, the people at Idaho Tech. are very helpful.

Good luck
Viraj

--
Viraj Master