screening plasmid libraries

Jon Burrows jb at scs.unr.edu
Mon Oct 31 20:24:43 EST 1994

Yuanhao Li (sa95078 at odin.uth.tmc.edu) wrote:
: Also, I wounder is there any other way to
: screen a plasmid library instead of plating out the library and doing
: hybridization.

 	Check out the article:* An Inexpensive Method for the Rapid
 Identification of specific cDNAs from cDNA libraries*, Pippin et al.,
 Biotechniques, Vol 16 (4), 676-680.
	I am currently trying this method myself. Using an excised cDNA
 plasmid library from ZapII and a 150bp PCR generated specific probe.

	Happy hunting! .... JB.

.....when you're chewing on life's gristle. Don't grumble give a whistle.
.....worse things happen at sea you know!!
.....cheer up you old bugger, c'mon give us a grin... M.P.