Green Fluorescent Protein

J.Carnwath carnwath at tzv.fal.de
Mon Oct 31 03:24:17 EST 1994

Forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 1994 16:57:37 -0600
From: (Susan Mango) <smango at macc.wisc.edu>

hi joe-
        just saw your post about gfp.our server doesn't let us post
anything, so i thought i would write to you and maybe you can pass on the
information. if you're still interested in info about gfp i would try
bionet.celegans. there are a lot of people with worms trying gfp. i
haven't, but my impression is that its a little less sensitive than lacZ.
also, there can be a problem of tissue autofluorescence (eg worm guts).
hope this is helpful and good luck-susan

Joseph Carnwath					carnwath at tzv.fal.de
Inst. fuer Tierzucht und Tierverhalten
31535 Neustadt					Tel: (5043) 871-134
Germany						Fax: (5034) 871-143