glycoprotein isolation

jgill at jgill at
Thu Sep 1 06:25:16 EST 1994

Hello fellow netters:

	I need to ask you a question about protein isolation.  In
particular glycosylated protein isolation.  After precipitation of most
other proteins with T.C.A.  How do you get rid of the T.C.A. from the
protein, (before purification), without using water saturated ether.  We
are planning on using 0.05 M NaCl and use column you
think this would be a good idea or are there anyother suggestions.
	Note the protein we are looking for stays in solution and we
chromatograph the solution afterwards.....Juan Gill e-mail jgill at kean.ucs.