Plasmid preps for ABI 373A

Lisa Bibbs lisa at scripps.edu
Thu Sep 1 15:30:49 EST 1994

I run a Core sequencing facility with two ABI 373 sequencers.  We do not
prepare samples we only react them. Some customers samples always look as
good as our positive control (pgem/forward primer) and others fail
miserably.  In the past we recommended the Promega Magic Mini Prep but
since Promega changed the resin our customers have gotten variable results.

Do any of you have a tried and true method for preparing samples for
automated sequencing?
   *********

 Anything that you have developed and it works everytime you try to
sequence it.
                                               *********

Thanks
Lisa Bibbs