graphics from GCG programs

micha at amber.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de micha at amber.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Sep 2 17:48:14 EST 1994

Marty Stoltzfus (cmstoltz at vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu) wrote:
: This is not really methods and reagents but I am hoping that computer-
: literate Netters will be able to help me. I am using the Squiggles
: program on the GCG Wisconsin package and want to print out the graphics
: at my terminal. I am on a Mac and have a Personal Laserwriter. I tried
: the POSTSCRIPT command but the only output I got was pages of numbers.
: I am using Microphone II on a modem. Can I get graphics output and if
: so, what sort of configuration commands do I give? Thanks in advance;
: e-mail response preferred.
: Marty Stoltzfus
: cmstoltz at vaxa.weeg.uiowa.edu
First of all: there is a bionet.software.gcg group (yes, there is another
life outside bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts) ...

I am _NO_ mac expert, but if you succeed to transfer a postscript _file_
to your mac and print it there (don't ask me how this is done on a mac :-) )
you might try:

$ postscript

Use PostScript ... [ stuff deleted ]

To what port is your LASERWRITER connected (* TERM *) : graph.ps
                                                        ^^^^^^^^ enter file
name at this prompt, then proceed as usual and finally transfer
that file to your mac and _print_ it (or view it or ..)

These pages of numbers you saw was the postscript output, directed
to your terminal ( and what should a mac terminal emulator do with postscript?)

Hope that solves your problem,

	Michael Schmitz
	Biophysics Uni Duesseldorf