membrane proteins

RoundUp Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se
Fri Sep 2 09:04:28 EST 1994

>I am having trouble with alot of streaking and waving of bands.
>
>The plant I am working with is wild oat.

You might try the sample solubilizing method we are useing.
Solubilize with normal Laemli sample buffer in room temperature for
twenty minutes with occasional vortex, spin down and load. This gives us
nice bands, if we boil the samples we get severe streaking. We also
include a proteinase inhibitor, PefablocTM (but PMFS also works).
This works OK with most plant plasma membranes we have tried so far.

Lars.S at Plantbio.lu.se, Plant biochemistry, Lund University

"I was afraid of a united Church;it makes a mighty power,
 the mightiest conceivable, and then when it by-and-by
 gets into selfish hands, as it is always bound to do,
 it means death to human liberty,and paralysis to human thought"
                 Mark Twain