RT in taq

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 04:08:33 EST 1994

In article: <199409021840.OAA22887 at medlib.iaims.georgetown.edu>  nmusto01 at gumedlib.dml.georgetown.edu (NEAL MUSTO) writes:

> Tracy;
> In a word "contamination". We experienced a similar thing andit turned
> out to be a contaminated OLIGO. Some plasmid containing the cDNA we were
> interested in, and generally used as a positive control, somehow got in.
> No matter how we trerated our samples the band showed up. Had to throw
> out our stocks. Look in to that aspect
> Neal Musto
> Cell Biology
> Georgetown University

Taq, TthHB8 and TetZ DNA polymerases DO have RT activity. This is well
documented. Taq has the least activity. Mn2+ stimulates the RT
activity, however the one tube system has never proved to be as good as
using a two enzyme (MuMLV Rt + taq) system.

Duncan

Duncan Clark                        | Internet:    duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
G4ELJ                               | Compuserve:  100015.1406 at compuserve.com