(none)

clontech!pauld at NETCOM.COM clontech!pauld at NETCOM.COM
Tue Sep 6 13:26:25 EST 1994

We have noticed some recent postings regarding our
Transformer Site Directed Mutagenesis Kit, and we
encourage people having both positive and negative
experiences with this kit to contact CLONTECH Technical
Service using the numbers shown below.  Your input is
necessary to enable us to continually improve our
products.

In our experience the following three steps are critical
for this method to work successfully:  (1) It is essential
to obtain good denaturation and annealing of the primers.
(2) Thorough digestion with the restriction enzyme is
necessary.  (3) A high transformation efficiency,
especially for the first transformation, is essential.
Our Technical Service can help you optimize these steps.

The following are some recent references which make use
of the Transformer Kit.  Individuals using this kit
may find them interesting:

Van Aelst, et al. (1993) PNAS 90:6213.
Haught, et al. (1994) BioTechniques 16:46.
Dohadwala, et al. (1994) PNAS 91:6408.
Beaumont, et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:20281.
Diehl & McFadden (1993) J. Bacteriol. 175:2263.
Ebert, et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269:20885.

Thanks,