Sue Jeffrey sjeffrey at
Wed Sep 7 14:48:53 EST 1994

The DNA isolation protocol I use is a very gentle (TX-100 and lysozyme)
lysis method. I then band the DNA on a single cesium gradient. I
consistently get much better results with this DNA than from Qiagen
DNA. I do think that the difference is in the avoidance of the alkaline
lysis method, rather than the use of a cesium gradient. One of these
days I mean to try my DNA prep and then purify it on a column, but I
haven't gotten around to it yet. If you are interested in my prep,
email and I'll send you the protocol.

Sue Jeffrey
sjeffrey at