ABI sequencing kit

Kevin Clark kclark at immsvr.jr2.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 10:46:25 EST 1994

In article <34ib8p$joo at mule.fhcrc.org>
Tim Buss <tbuss at fred.fhcrc.org> writes:

> Recently we purchased an Applied Biosystems DyeDeoxy Sequencing Kit.  It
> worked well but despite having always mixed the ingredients correctly we
> ran out of the  supplied AmpliTaq significantly before the other
> ingredients.  I asked our sequencing lab if they have ever run into the
> same problem and they said all the time.  In fact they know of others
> with the same complaint.  I'd like to know if  the problem isn't just
> some local complaint and extends beyond our facility.

Why not buy the Prism kits where everything is already mixed together
for you. They cost the same and you can usually get 120 reactions out
of it.

\/\    /\/\    /\/\    /\/   kclark at immsvr.jr2.ox.ac.uk
 \/\  /\/\/\  /\/\/\  /\/    Institute of Molecular Medicine,
   \/\/    \/\/    \/\/ I've been here for 5 years and they only
Mac IIci                hung me the right way up yesterday.