differential display PCR

Stephen R. Lasky Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu
Wed Sep 7 16:13:19 EST 1994

In article <940907141327.4020b731 at thorin.uthscsa.edu>,
HARDIES at THORIN.UTHSCSA.EDU wrote:

> I am posting this for a friend.  She is attempting DD-PCR.  She gets a ladder
> of products in the 150-250 range, but says that no bands seem to stand
out over
> the others.  Can anyone advise?
>
> Steve Hardies, Dept. of Biochem., Univ. of Texas HSC at San Antonio
> Hardies at thorin.uthscsa.edu

Steve:  I presume that your friend is treating some of the cells with
something in order to get different genes expressed.  Maybe she is
treating the cells for too long or for too short a time and not seeing any
change in mRNA expression.   Could be she needs to pick a different time
of treatment in order to see differences.  Is she able to measure the
difference in the treated and untreated cells?  Maybe they aren't
responding at all.

I think that I would need a little more information to offer any kind of
valid suggestions.  You can e-mail me or reply to this group and I'll try
to offer some helpful suggestions.

SRLasky

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D.       Brown University/Roger Williams Medical Center
e-mail: Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu         LandLine: 401-456-6572