PCR: Promega Taq vs. Perkin-Elmer Taq

Zainul Zain zainul at KB.USM.MY
Thu Sep 8 11:04:27 EST 1994

Dear Ross,

We have evaluated Taq from a number of sources including Promega and
Perkin-Elmer. We found that Promega Taq is okay with purified(ish) DNA
but are not too reliable when it comes to using clinical specimens. Taq
from PE and Boeringer-Mannheim (also licensed) are far superior for
amplifying targets in clinical specimens.

Zainul F. Zainuddin