What video-camera for DNA-Gels?????

Viraj Master vam2 at midway.uchicago.edu
Sat Sep 10 17:12:32 EST 1994

Hi Andreas,

To photograph our DNA and protein gels, our lab acquired a TM-7CN 1/2 inch
format CCD B/W camera for about 700 dollars + 50 dollars for the power
supply.  We also bought a Fujinon zoom lens H6X12.5R (12.5-75mm) for about
200 dollars in order to take pictures of different sized gels.  A UV filter
is also required.  We bought one from Fotodyne, but I think you could get
one from a good camera store.  I think it cost 200 dollars

These items, coupled with a Scion LG-3 video in card (900 dollars) is all
you need to turn your Macintosh into an image acquisition and processing
station.

Good luck,

Viraj

--