Cell cycle analysis kits

Graham Atherton grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 07:16:48 EST 1994

I am about to analyse the progression through the cell cycle of several
cell lines. I will use DNA content (propidium iodide) and count on the
FACS as a first approach to estimate any changes in the G1/S phase
boundary. Tjis I believe is a crude method and may not give a definitive
result when comparing cell lines and their progression through the cell
cycle. A better approach may be via bromodeoxyuridine incorporation -
anyone know of a good kit to do this? We would like to analyse the results
through the FACS.
Graham Atherton
grgta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk