Fungus in Microfuge tubes

Neeraj Jain JAINN at ctrvax.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 12 17:04:38 EST 1994

Hi

Sometime back we purchased 0.6 ml microfuge tubes from Fisher (Rainbow
Pack). After few weeks of storage we have noticed fungal colonies in the
red colored tubes of the pack. The tubes were stored in a closed drawer
in the original but opened pack. All other tubes stored in the same
drawer (or even same pack) look fine. So be careful while using these
tubes, particularly if tubes were not autoclaved soon after arrival or if
they are used to store stuff at 4 C or at RT.
Of course it is possible that we did not store the tubes properly.

--neeraj jain
JAINN at ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu