homemade receipt for ECL reagents

T. S. Pillay tpillay at ucsd.edu
Sat Sep 10 16:48:44 EST 1994

Subject: homemade receipt for ECL reagents
From: Your Name Here, you at somehost.somedomain
Date: 8 Sep 1994 16:15:27 GMT
In article <34ndav$pj0 at msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> Your Name Here,
you at somehost.somedomain writes:

>Hi netters,
>Does anybody have information about how to prepare the reagents for
enhanced
>chemiluminescence (ECL) reactions?
>Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Start off with luminol- available from Sigma (needs to be dissolved in
DMSO-I think). Then you need an enhancer-  for further information see
papers and reviews by Kricka and others.  Also NEN sells their version of
"ECL"  -it's slightly cheaper, and they claim it does not need
refrigeration and has a longer life(1 year).

You can also reuse ECL to save money.  I kept used solutions in the
fridge for a couple of weeks and used them again without any problem (Up
to about 3-4 times) maybe longer- I haven't gone further.