RNA tips

B Stickney sticknbd at miranda.cc.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:31:42 EST 1994

In article <34ntek$j1a at jhunix1.hcf.jhu.edu>, ntheo at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
(NICHOLAS THEODORAKIS ) wrote:

> In article <34nqf2$dkt at cdc1.cdc.gov>,
> JoeJoe <parsons at METEOR.BIOTECH.CDC.GOV> wrote:
 > >	I am looking for some tips on working with RNA.  Specifically, I would
> >like to know how people treat their plasticware.  Also, I would like to know
> <stuff deleted>

JoeJoe:
In addition to the recommendations of others, with which I agree, I
proteinase
K treat my gel boxes if I have used them for anything besides an RNA gel
since
the last one.

 > JoeJoe:
 > DEPC: I never use it.  Besides, it's a carcinogen, and it can modify
RNA.

Nick, I've heard this before.  How does DEPC modify RNA?  No one I know
seems to have any details about this.
B Stickney