Gapdh RT-PCR Probe

Dr. M.D. Jones mjones at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 09:18:20 EST 1994

Hi netters everywhere.

A friend (don't we all say that to save embarrasment) wants to have an
internal RNA control for RT-PCR.  A suggestion is to use mRNA for
gapdh.

So I was wondering if anybody could provide me with the sequence of
suitable primers to RT-PCR up gapdh (say between 250-500 bp in size)
and also their RT-PCR protocol.

gapdh = gylceraldehyde phosphate dehydrogenase.

The source of the mRNA (and hence the gapdh) is human.

I know I could probably look up the sequence from GenBank, and choose
a suitable region, but if somebody has got a system going....

Many thanks

Mick Jones                      Tel: 081-740-3328 (+44-81-740-3328)
Department of Virology          FAX: 081-743-8331 (+44-81-743-8331)
RPMS,  Du Cane Road              Email: mjones at rpms.ac.uk
London,  W12 0NN,  UK