Re-using SYBR Green?

dhanzel at delphi.com dhanzel at delphi.com
Fri Sep 16 00:05:46 EST 1994

Julie Constable <julielc at unr.edu> writes:

>Has anyone had success reusing Sybr-Green after it has been suspended in TE
>buffer?  The company claims that it can be reused 3-4 times, and that it is
>stable at 4 Degrees C for 3-4 weeks.  We've had no luck restaining with it,
>it's only good the first time.
>

>Julie Constable

	We commonly reuse SYBR Green I,  when traveling with a FluorImager
our sales reps carry a bottle of diluted SYBR Green I as it is the most
"foolproof" DNA stain.  I must confess that I have never used it but many
folks in the lab do on a daily basis and therefore I don't really know
what the stain is diluted in.  Note we are exciting SYBR Green with the
488 nm line from a Argon Laser (I work @ Molecular Dynamics)
happy staining
david hanzel
hanzel at mdyn.com