16S RNA E-mail server?

Paul A. Vescio vescip at rpi.edu
Thu Sep 15 01:26:21 EST 1994

Try using the RDP (Ribosomal Data Base).  For more info email to
server at rdp.lifeuiuc.edu  A simple message -   HELP   (in caps)     will give
you info on how to use the RDP.  Also you may want to try BLAST
(blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
Good Luck,
PAVS

In Article <358lj7INNaio at uwm.edu>, wahlberg at csd4.csd.uwm.edu (James M
Wahlberg) wrote:

>Hello.
>
>        Does anyone know of an E-mail server (other than things like BioScan
>and Gene-Server, etc.) that allow one to do comparisons of a newly sequenced
>bit of bacterial 16S RNA to similar sequences from a variety of organisms?
>A post-doc I work with swears she's heard of a system dedicated to such
>searches/comparisons.  We have the 16S RNA sequence of the organism we're
>interested in, and she's asked me to run it through this comparison server
>she's heard of.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks much.
>--
>Jim Wahlberg    wahlberg at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
>Dept. of Biological Sciences
>University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee

Paul A. Vescio
Biology Dept.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

!!New York Rangers  Stanley Cup Champions 1994!!