Help with RPA on tissue lysates

MUNGO at UVVM.UVIC.CA MUNGO at UVVM.UVIC.CA
Thu Sep 15 11:49:36 EST 1994

I am looking for a method of doing ribonuclease protection assays that allows
them to be performed on whole tissue lysates.  I know that Ambion sells a kit
utilizing this method, however they are a bit expensive for us.  Does anyone
know of any references, or have any protocols for doing RPAs on tissue lysates?
The reason we wish to do the RPA on tissue lysates is that we have a large
number of samples, and it is very easy for us to equalize the number of cells
in these samples.  Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Mungo