Quantitating Radioactive label in DNA and RNA

Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU
Mon Sep 19 19:07:18 EST 1994

>In article <35g64s$oto at newsbf01.news.aol.com>, jfrank777 at aol.com
>(JFrank777) wrote:
>
>> In article <9407040034.AA18975 at cscgpo.anu.edu.au>,
>> Klaus.Matthaei at ANU.EDU.AU writes:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> Why doesn't anyone use stable isotope labeled DNA and RNA instead of
>> radioactive isotopes?

There seems to be some confusion, I did not write this!!

>wouldn't that make Southerns and Northerns a little bit difficult to
>analyze?
>--
>*************************************
>*Of course it's not true...         *
>*But let's make the bastard deny it!*
>*                        LBJ (1948) *
>*************************************
>eric c. anderson
>anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
>dept. of molecular bio. and pharm.               (314)362-3963 (lab)
>washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
>660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
>st. louis, mo 63110

Dr Klaus Matthaei                               |           |
The John Curtin School of Medical Research      |  _--_|\   |
The Australian National University              | /      \  |
Snail mail: Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia       | \_.--._/<<|
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au               |       v   |
Landline: 61 6 249 3782
                        "Sometimes I'm the Louisville slugger"
                        "Sometimes I'm the Ball"